A question ? A reservation ?
Telephone reception Monday to Friday from 9am to 7pm and Saturday to Sunday from 9am to 6pm.
Lieu dit La Jousselinière, 17190 Saint-Georges-d'Oléron
My wish list
Discover the wealth of the Isle of’Oleron
in Charente Maritime, near La Rochelle
In July and August, take advantage of the Shuttle to go to the beach or visit the island !
The Isle of Oleron is located in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Charente Maritime where it is part of the Charente archipelago. It is the largest French island after Corsica, measuring 30 km long and 12 km wide (at its widest point), and is nicknamed “Oleron, The luminous” because of its high level of sunshine.
On the continental side of the island, known for its calm and safe waters, come and enjoy the beach at 2800 meters from the campsite with a breathtaking view on the famous Fort Boyard.
Sea walks are available !
3000 metres from the Oléron Loisirs campsite, the port of Douhet, one of the most lively places on the Ile d’Oléron, will delight you with its restaurants, bars, discotheques and water sports (sailing, jet skiing, …)
Landscapes & beaches of the island
The Isle of Oléron is rich in monuments and gastronomy !
Indeed, as soon as you cross the Oléron bridge, you can see the Fort de Louvois (or Fort Chapus) opposite the Citadel of the castle of Oléron, a historic monument on the eastern side of the island, accessible on foot at low tide and which now houses the oyster museum.
At the northern end of the island, near Saint Denis d’Oléron, the Chassiron lighthouse, the oldest lighthouse in France still in operation after Cordouan, houses a museum on the theme of traditional fishing in its rotunda.
The village of La Cotinière is home to a port with a fleet of about a hundred boats that fish for sole, sea bass, langoustines and other noble species.
The Bassin de Marennes-Oléron is the most important oyster refining centre in France and even in Europe.
Wine growing is the oldest traditional activity. The local speciality is Pineau des Charentes, Charentais wine, Cognac and other liqueurs ! You can find all these products on the many markets of the Ile d’Oléron.
Activities for the whole family
- For sportsmen and women, there are numerous water sports activities(jet skiing, sailing, diving, surfing, fishing on foot or in boats…).
- For those who love to swim, there are more than 25 fine sandy beaches.
- For nature lovers, take advantage of the beautiful forest walks (12% of the island’s surface area).
- Discover the surrounding landscapes by bike thanks to the cycle tracks.
- For art lovers, come and enjoy the “Creators’ Hut”.
- To recharge your batteries and relax, take advantage of nature by visiting the salt marshes or nature reserves.
- Nearby, on the mainland, the visit of the Palmyre zoo will delight you (tickets available at the campsite).
So don’t hesitate, there is something for all the family !!!!!!